Tuesday, September 18, 2007

The blog and why it is.

I have been blogging since April. Blogging is like smoking cigarettes only healthier.

At some point in the day, you want a break, you need an escape, so you go find your fix. If you are lucky, you happen upon a blog supported by a group of people whose life experiences start to really matter to you. That's what happened to me.

I don't remember the exact day, but I do remember why I started. I was watching a reality show and someone who I thought was pretty phenomenal was voted off. The finality bothered me. I wanted to know more, hear more, so naturally I did what any normal and curious person would do, I googled him. From there I wandered on to the "blog" and it changed my life. Sounds rather dramatic, doesn't it?

But it's true.

If you find the right blog, you get to talk with people from all over the world. Generally, you have a common interest - the blog host. But a good blog achieves a life of its' own. You share experiences - good or bad, and find support and wisdom.

I'm not sure what percentage of the world actively blogs. I can tell you in my circle - no one does. So I have become a freakish anomaly. And for that reason I decided to start my own.

So that's the story. More to come.

No comments: