Wednesday, February 13, 2008

The "Break Up" Shoes

There is one glorious benefit to having your heart smashed in a million pieces. It's the "break up" shoes.

Break up shoes are the footwear you buy to console yourself after yet another love fiasco. They should be shoes you were thinking of buying but you just couldn't rationalize their existence in your closet. Break up shoes have to be extraordinarily expensive, so you are looking at names like Chanel, Prada, Jimmy Choos, the ever popular and heart-consoling Manolo Blahniks or my personal favorite - Christian Louboutin. When you put them on, you really don't give a rat's ass about the asshole that made you buy them.

To that end, I should be ever greatful to my good friend, Joe - the giant asshole who actually afforded me the luxury of two sets of break up shoes.

The first tour of duty (his words not mine) as we were heading into fall, I snagged the patent leather Prada boots.

Second tour of duty (purchased today - the sting of the break up mitigating as I write) are the phenomenal hot pink satin, peekaboo toe, Christian Louboutin pumps.

They are absolutely awesome and quite frankly I feel bulletproof in them.

Thanks for thinking of me, Joe.

No comments: